Please read the following agreement carefully:
Student Business Hatchery
This License Agreement is made by and between __(student applicant name)____ ("Licensee") and Belmont University ("Belmont").
1. License. Belmont grants and Licensee accepts, on the terms and conditions stated in this Agreement, a personal, temporary, nontransferable, and nonexclusive license to use the Belmont University Student Business Hatchery located on Belmont’s campus at 1900 Belmont Blvd., Nashville, Tennessee, in the Beaman Student Life Center Hatchery (Cardswipe access).
2. Term and Termination. The term of this License shall be for one academic year commencing on date of application approval and terminating on Dead Day of the same academic year at 4:00pm (Either party may terminate this License Agreement by providing written notice of termination at least 3 days prior to the commencement of the license term). This Agreement may be immediately terminated by Belmont if Licensee fails to follow the rules of use set forth in paragraph six of this Agreement.
3. Use of the Premises. Licensee shall use the licensed premises for support of approved business ventures only. Licensee shall not use or knowingly permit any part of the premises to be used for any unlawful purpose, nor will Licensee carry on or permit upon the premises neither any offensive or noisy activities, nor any nuisance to the public or any adjoining neighbors.
4. Condition of Premises, Improvements, and Alterations. Licensee accepts the licensed premises in its present condition. Licensee shall make no changes or alterations, structural or otherwise without Belmont's prior written consent. All of the Student Business Hatchery space is shared and utilized on a first come first served basis each day.
5. Rules Governing Use of Premises. Licensee, its employees, agents and invitees shall abide by all rules and policies adopted by Belmont pertaining to the use of the licensed premises including but not limited to the following:
a. The Student Business Hatchery is open to student businesses that have submitted the required application and have been approved by Dr. Cornwall.
b. Hatchery users must attend at least two Practicing Entrepreneur Roundtable Sessions each semester. Failure to do so will result in the immediate termination of this agreement.
c. All Hatchery space is considered shared and utilized on a first come first served basis each day. Any items saved to the computer desktop will be deleted. Save all files to “My Documents”. Documents will be preserved if saved to the "My Documents" folder, but erased if placed elsewhere on the machine. Obtain approval from the Center for Entrepreneurship before installing any software or hardware.
d. Please be aware that files kept in filing cabinets (even when locked) cannot be guaranteed secure. Please be sure to take valuable items and documents with you when you leave the Hatchery.
e. Be frugal with printing privileges. Consider the costs of printing to the Center and to the environment. Do not offer printing access to other students who are not approved users of the Hatchery.
f. Food and drink are allowed with the expectation that you will clean up after yourself.
g. Please be respectful of your neighbors on either side of the Hatchery and keep noise levels controlled.
h. Alcoholic beverages and illicit drugs may not be possessed, distributed, or consumed.
i. Illegal, indecent, obscene, profane, or immoral language or conduct is prohibited.
j. Smoking is not permitted on Belmont's campus.
k. The above described policies are subject to change and considered an evolving document. Licensees will be notified promptly of any modifications to policies.
Use of the Student Business Hatchery operates primarily on an honor-based system. Please understand that failure to comply with these policies shall result in immediate termination of this License Agreement.
6. Use of Belmont’s Name. Licensee is not authorized to use the name, “Belmont University,” or any logo or image belonging to Belmont University to market or promote his or her business activities without the prior written permission of Dr. Cornwall.
7. Release. Licensee agrees to release Belmont, its officers, directors, employees and agents from all losses, damages, claims, liabilities, and expenses (including attorneys fees) arising out of, or in connection with, the use or occupancy of the licensed premises by Licensee.
8. Indemnification. Licensee agrees to indemnify and hold Belmont, its officers, directors, employees and agents harmless from all losses, damages, claims, liabilities, and expenses (including attorneys fees) which may arise or be claimed against Belmont for any and all injuries or damages to the person or property of any person arising from any use or occupancy of the licensed premises by Licensee; any act, omission, neglect, or fault of Licensee or its invitees in connection with the use or operation of the licensed premises; or any failure by Licensee to comply with any applicable laws, statutes, ordinances, or regulations.
9. Notices. Whenever this Agreement provides that notices shall be given, or may be given or served, upon either of the parties by the other, or whenever the law requires or gives the right of serving a notice, such notices shall be in writing and shall not be effective for any purpose until given or served in person, or by registered or certified mail as follows:
To Belmont: Belmont University - Center for Entrepreneurship
1900 Belmont Blvd., BMH 431
Nashville, Tennessee 37212-3757
To Licensee: Business Name:_______________________
Either party may, at any time, change the place of receiving notice by giving written notice of such change of address.
10. Amendment. No amendment, modification, release, discharge, or waiver of any provision of this License shall have any force, effect, or value unless in writing and signed by the parties.
11. Entire Agreement. This document contains the entire agreement between the parties as of this date and its execution has not been induced by either of the parties by representations, promises, or understandings not expressed in this Agreement. There are no collateral agreements, stipulations, promises, or understandings between the respective parties in any way touching the subject matter of this document, which are not expressly contained in this License.
Executed on this date: ___________
LICENSEE___________________ BELMONT UNIVERSITY:
Signature Center for Entrepreneurship