Important Notice to ALL Sitemason Customers
Dear Sitemason Customer,
Seasons Greetings and Happy ALMOST 2020!
We are pleased to announce that, as of January 1, 2020, we will have consolidated all Sitemason services with our parent company, Multiply, LLC. While Sitemason’s individual owners remain the same, we have recently reorganized and combined Sitemason with another company that we bought (ICG Link, Inc) in 2017 and formed Multiply, LLC.
We want to make you aware of some very important and immediate changes that affect all of our customers:
- Multiply, LLC brands all of its services as One Eleven. Effective January 1, 2020, billing will have the One Eleven logo and invoices will come from email@example.com. Please add this email address to your contacts to ensure timely receipt of your invoice and correspondence.
- If your Sitemason account was set up to pay your invoice automatically, you will need to provide us with your card information again. For security purposes, card numbers are encrypted at all times and we are unable to copy that information into our new billing system. However, the new billing portal will be more user-friendly and will give you an easier way to access and pay invoices. The instructions for accessing the new billing portal will be included in the email with your invoices but you can always contact Thomas at 615-988-8711 for assistance. For a few months, the payee listed on your card statement will be “ICG Link” until we switch it to Multiply, LLC.
- While Sitemason previously billed customers on a “pay-as-you-go” model (invoices issued on the first day of the period for that service period and due in 15 days), our new billing system is more consistent with other recurring technology services providers. It’s a “pay-by-the-first-day-of-the-service-period” model. Sitemason’s sibling company, ICG Link, has followed this billing practice for many years and we had very few options when adopting a new system for Multiply. For that reason, the month of January will be unusual for our monthly billing customers. Here is what will happen: On January 1, 2020, you will receive an invoice with a payment due date of January 1, 2020. This invoice will be for service in the month of January. With apologies in advance, this system might start notifying you of a past due status by January 2 if not paid right away. On or about January 6, you will get another invoice for service to be provided in February with a due date of February 1. When you provide your card information in the new system, it will charge the card about 20 days prior to the due date. So, using the previous example, an invoice with a due date of February 1 will charge the card around the 11th so you’re basically pre-paying for service. Essentially, January 2020 will result in you being billed for two months- January and February. It should smooth out after that with the invoice for March service arriving in your inbox around February 6, and so on.
- Any outstanding, unpaid invoices and credits prior to January 1, 2019, will be re-created and added to the new system.
- While it might seem a little hectic and confusing at first, combining our companies offers new opportunities to all of our customers for the future. As the Sitemason content management system nears 20 years in age, the platform has been remarkably stable and secure for our customers. However, it has been surpassed by other platforms and technologies over the past few years and Sitemason lacks the necessary features to continue as a robust platform for mission-critical websites. To remain relevant, it would require more than just a few upgrades and the market is saturated with well-developed technologies that we can now leverage in cost-effective ways, in lieu of Sitemason, to provide our customers with the best options. For that reason, we will be discontinuing the *Sitemason hosted content management system (CMS) on December 31, 2020 (*This does not affect web hosting only customers). We wanted to give you this one year notice to provide ample time for planning and, we hope, to be involved with your next site. Because…
- The ultimate goal in combining companies is: to expand our range of services to all of our customers; to serve as trusted advocates in planning and implementing your online presence, strategy, and management; to offer the best-in-class and most reliable services for a range of budgets; and to remain personally accessible as a small business with personnel who know our customers by name. With these goals in mind, we now offer:
- Cloud-based web hosting with cPanel administration and optimized configurations for WordPress
- Highly customizable and easy-to-use proprietary website builder and manager (it had to be really good to convince us to discontinue Sitemason’s website builder/manager)
- Email with a robust administrative panel and spam control settings
- Custom web design and programming service
- Domain name administration and management
- Digital marketing plans such as SEO, social media management, campaign strategies, email marketing
With expertise and decades of experience, our plan is to: be more personable and community-focused than web host companies like GoDaddy, HostGator or Bluehost; offer marketing, email, and domain management unlike Squarespace, Wix and Weebly; provide dedicated technical support unlike an independent web designer; demystify the “marketing” in digital marketing unlike traditional agencies with plans that fit our customers and not the other way around.
As you contemplate a new site without the Sitemason CMS, we want to work with you to compare and contrast options that we can provide. Feel free to reach out to us any time (firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-370-1530 ext 720) and we can start the process right away. In the spring of 2020, we will start to reach out to you with a proposal that we think will be worth considering, well in advance of the discontinuation date.
Thank you for being a loyal customer to Sitemason. We look forward to serving you in the future as Multiply/One Eleven and promise to make current and future transitions as smooth and easy as possible. We’re always happy to talk to you and invite you to reach out with any concerns.